ATTENTION ALL MANICURE SNOBS! If you haven’t been to Gloss Nail Bar in Coral Gables, then you truly can’t call yourself a mani/pedi snob. As an official beauty snob myself, let me share the key components that make a great experience at a nail salon:
- Cleanliness – I am the queen of getting grossed out and pickiness. Cleanliness not only applies to the tools and stations used to perform nail services. It also applies to the actual establishment including the restroom and, most importantly (actually, second most importantly) your nail technician/artist. If any of these don’t pass the test, it’s a deal-breaker for me. Also, strong chemical smells (think acrylic nail places) are a no-no.
- Esthetics – My mani/pedi time is MY TIME. Pampering time. If I’m going to be sitting somewhere for an hour, I want the place to look nice and organized. I am a visual person so any visual clutter or messy surroundings really irritate me. Plus, I truly believe in the power of energy (next point) and messy places tend to be run by messy people (who tend to be all over the place) and as much as all the messy people of the world like to argue this, you can’t be messy AND be super clean. It just defies physics – smiles smuggly –
- Energy – When I walk into a room, I can immediately sense the energy. Energy flows naturally in neatly organized places. Also, are the employees on the phone? Or talking loudly to each other? (In another language, which is worse.) Does the nail technician have an attitude? How does the owner/boss/supervisor talk to his/her staff? I strongly believe that happy employees lead to happy customers. Unless you fall into the “Toxic Troll” category, nobody likes to walk into a place with bad ju-ju. Good owner/staff/customer dynamics, cleanliness and neatness all contribute to good energy which is a must for me. Some nice, relaxing background music is the cherry on top in this category.
- Products/Services – If I’m paying premium prices, I expect premium products and services. Also, I like having options and convenience. If I can get my eyebrows done, lashes tinted, a facial, or any other touch up during my visit, event better.
- Parking – Life is hectic and complicated as it is. If I need to circle around for 20 minutes to look for parking, it’s just not happening. Parking needs to be convenient AND safe. Unless I plan it for a Saturday, all my appointments are after I leave the office in the evening. I refuse to jeopardize my safety in a dimly lit parking lot while I’m wobbling around trying not to ruin my nails.
- Pampering Factor – Quality of service (most commonly know as “the warm and fuzzy”). When you leave your nail salon, how good do you feel about the entire experience? Were you offered something to drink? Was everyone nice and polite? Did you get the sense that they would go above and beyond to ensure you had a great experience? The answer should be yes. Call me a brat, but that’s my honest opinion. I’m not saying the establishment has to be “fancy”, but the service and treatment should be five-star quality.
Gloss Nail Bar in Coral Gables treats you to a pampering experience that is nothing short of spectacular. From the moment you call to make an appointment (it can also be done online), it is obvious that this is a high-caliber establishment that is committed to customer satisfaction. They score in the “Outstanding” category in each and every one of the six points I mentioned above and, (you ready for this?) they are an Organic Nail Bar. What does this mean? It means that every single product they use (Gloss is its own brand by-the-way) is all-natural, non-toxic, biodegradable and free from preservatives. This is perfect for the health-conscious individual that wants eco-friendly, sustainable products that do not compromise results and luxury. Needless to say, Gloss products are PERFECT for moms-to-be! It’s no surprise they were voted Best Manicure in Miami 2014 by The Miami New Times! The nail artists at Gloss are also bad-ass at what they do, check out their Instagram to see what I mean: Glitter, crystals, ombre nails, hand-drawn nail-art, you name it, they can do it! And, my nail polish lasts a solid week without chipping!
This is NOT a sponsored piece. I am writing this because one of my fellow manicure snob friends hadn’t even heard of Gloss until I mentioned it recently. So if she didn’t know about it, then there are a ton of
women people out there who haven’t heard of it either and, my experience has been so phenomenal at Gloss that I had to share it with the world! Check out their website for more details: www.GlossMiami.com.