Welcome to the first #ManCrushMonday here on Own Your Glam! This will be a bi-weekly series where I stalk and badger a local hottie and force him to participate with the excuse of needing eye-candy for the blog to increase readership (and this will remain our little secret, OKAY?)
The first #ManCrushMonday hottie is not only sexy but smart, like very smart… like he just finished his first hear of his PhD program in Cognitive Neuro-Sciences kinda-smart. Did I mention he’s only 23? Yup, I told you he’s smart. Not only is he a hot smartypants, he’s also an accomplished dancer and one of the best human beings I know. He might look a little familiar… Lets see what he has to say.
1. Name: Jose
2. Nickname: Gordo(?) Haha
3. Born in: Miami
4. Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
5. Graduated from (University): University of Florida
6. Last book you read (magazines don’t count): A Storm of Swords (A Song of Ice & Fire, Book 3). I’m struggling to get through the 4th one because I don’t have time, so sad. Highly recommended!
7. Signature drink: I love me some Moscow Mules. I typically drink beer though, favorite being a Duchess de Bourgogne which is a Flanders red ale (SO GOOD!)
8 .Favorite home-cooked meal: I love my mom’s Colombian-style beans! I can’t make them myself though, so it’s a once a year kind of thing 🙁
9. Favorite ice cream flavor: Either Molly Moon’s Honey Lavender or Haagen Dazs’ Cookies & Cream
10. Favorite local restaurant: Local in Miami… I really like Wynwood Kitchen & Bar and Dolores blah blah Lolita. In Seattle, Din Tai Fung, a Taiwanese style dumpling/dim-sum restaurant
11. Must eats there: In Wynwood Kitchen, the bacon-wrapped dates! YUM. Din Tain Fung, the soup pork dumplings and the taro buns (for dessert)
12. Blondes or Brunettes? Brunettes 😉
13. Favorite outdoor activity: Road cycling! Fairly new to the sport but it’s fantastic.
14. Qualities you look for in a partner: Maturity, honesty, driven, and active (cannot date someone with a sedentary lifestyle).
15. What confuses you about women: Everything. lol, I kid. Menstrual cycles seem complicated…
16. First thing notice in a woman: Their eyes. Pretty and expressive eyes can be so captivating.
17. What do you find sexiest in a woman: Tough question. This may be an odd answer, but a well-perfumed woman can be so sexy 😉
18. What is the biggest turn-off: Hmm, submissiveness. I like a good fight 😉
19. What is the secret to having a good relationship? Good communication! You must be able to respectfully and maturely discuss any situation that may arise, good or bad. Good sexual chemistry really helps too 😉
20. Do you have any hidden talents? Not sure how hidden this is, but I have bad joints (they overextend) so I’m really flexible, kind of like Gumby 😀
21. Celebrity crush: haha… hmm two answers, Chris Evans and Emilia Clarke (as a brunette, not a blonde like in GOT)
22. Favorite movie and why: Such a hard question. I don’t think I have ONE fav movie, but The Matrix may very well take that spot. Many of the greater philosophical issues touched upon (e.g., do we really have free will?) are just so captivating. I will find myself thinking about this movie for days after re-watching it, each time finding a new layer to explore.
23. Song currently stuck in your head: I currently have the tune to Vladimir’s Blues by Max Richter on repeat in my head. It’s part of the score/music to The Leftovers (HBO’s new and super confusing series).
24. Biggest pet-peeve: Tardiness. Late people will forever aggravate me. I’ve tried very hard to relax about this, but it’s still a bit of a pet-peeve.
25. Favorite article of clothing you own or favorite designer: My favorite designer is probably Paul Smith.
26. Best childhood memory: I feel very grateful to have so many of these! I’d say it involved me on an ATV racing my sister back in Colombia. Such fun times!
27. Youre home, relaxing and having a drink, what music is playing in the background? The XX, London Grammar, or something similar.
28. How do you blow off some steam when you’re stressed out? I workout, either biking or swimming. Being in the water is really nice and calming, probably my favorite way to relax.
29. Three random words, go: big fluffy llama!
And yes, in case you’re wondering why he looks kinda’ familiar, he’s my little brother – smiles proudly –
If you know of any local hottie that you would like to see featured here, do tell!
Stay fabulous! #OwnYourGlam